HollywoodUMC Small Groups
We are looking to launch Small Groups lead by members of our congregation. Please email Devon Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a being a part of a group or leading one in your home, local hang out or at one of our church campuses.
Here are the small groups launching in February:
- Thursdays West Hollywood – at a residence on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month 7PM.
- Hosted by Rance, Sahand and Robert – Please email Devon for location and host contact.
- Tuesdays West Hollywood – Spirit Pub at Micky’s WeHo on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month 6PM.
- Hosted by Kevin and Richard. No need to RSVP, just show up! This small group also meets via zoom on Tuesdays at 6PM when not at Micky’s. Please have Richard or Kevin add you to the GroupMe to find out all of the fun things this group is up to.
- Sundays at HollywoodUMC – on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month at 12PM .
- Hosted by Rev. Ed and Ruth W. – This small group will meet in Grant Hall to discuss the topic of aging. No need to RSVP, just show up!
- Weekly Monday Night Zoom – Mondays at 8pm for about 40 minutes.
- Hosted by Tim P. and Suzanne D. – This ongoing small group has been meeting online regularly for a while now and would love to have people join if they are interested. Please email Devon for host contacts.
- Monday Night Zoom – 1st & 3rd Mondays at 7pm for about 40 minutes.
- Hosted by Alicia A. – This new small group will include a brief guided meditation/centering time, then discussion on topics that pertain to our daily lives and how our faith and social emotional selves can work in tandem to address our needs. Please email Devon for host contacts.
- Homeless Ministry Monthly Group – on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7PM .
- Hosted by Pastor Bridie – This small group meets on zoom to discuss ways we can volunteer and be in ministry to our unhoused and food insecure neighbors. Please email Pastor Bridie for the link.
- United Women in Faith Book Club– beginning Feb 24th, 2023.
- Hosted Katrina and the UWF Group – this group is coming back with an online book club. Get your copy of “Fire Keeper’s Daughter” by Feb 24th & join us for a book introduction/discussion meeting on Zoom and over on the GroupMe App to read along. Email UWF@hollywoodumc.org to get involved.
- Wednesday Night Adult Choir small group – on the 3rd Wednesday of the month 6:15pm.
- Hosted by Devon and the HUMC choir – this group meets once a month before choir rehearsal to build community and deepen relationships for choir members. If you would like to be a part of the choir, please email John West your interest.
Small group run for 90 days / some 2 days a month and some weekely. Groups usually meet for 45min to 1 hour. Groups will form in the Spring (Feb-April) Summer (Jun-Aug) and Fall (Oct-Dec).
To learn more about this fantastic opportunity to grow our church family outside of Sundays, contact Devon Jones at email@example.com.