Volunteer at Project Angel Food
–>Sunday, November 5th – 1PM at Project Angel Food
As part of our ongoing outreach to our community, Project Angel Food has welcomed us back into their kitchen where we will help prepare nutritious meals for 3000+ of our most seriously ill neighbors.
From Project Angel Food:
We are located at 922 Vine Street between Willoughby and Barton. There is free parking behind the building and parking on the street. If the gate is closed, you can buzz us from the call box on the right side of the gate and the gate will be opened. Parking in the lot is very limited. We encourage carpooling. After a brief orientation, everyone will be assigned to our head chef du jour and the real fun will begin.
- Please arrive promptly at 1pm for your orientation. We will begin your orientation when all the participants arrive.
- Ask for someone in Volunteer Services when you arrive.
- Your kitchen shift will end around 4pm.
- You will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated including one booster. Please provide a photo of your card (paper or electronic).
- Please wear closed-toe, rubber-soled, flat shoes when working in the kitchen. No sandals.
- Wear comfortable clothes (No cut-offs/mid-riffs, cap sleeves or tank tops, please)–shorts are okay when working in the kitchen.
- New Health Department Regulations prohibit all jewelry on hands, fingers, and arms. Please leave all valuable jewelry at home. No earrings are permitted.
- You will need to cover your heads so grab a hairnet that we will be providing. Hats can be worn over the hair net.
- There will be NO parking in the lot before 8am.
- Please don’t forget to sign in and out for every shift.
- Minimum age for volunteers is 14 years old. Anyone 14 or 15 must be always accompanied by an adult. 16- and 17-year-olds must have a liability form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Masks must be always worn over the nose and mouth. N-95, KN-95, surgical or surgical plus cloth mask options are required.
- No drugs, pot, or alcohol before or during volunteer shifts.
- Please remember, only scheduled volunteers will be allowed in the building. No walk-ins and no bringing guests.
- Stay at home for at least 24 hours after fever/symptoms of fever without fever-reducing medication.
- Runny nose or cough, even if you think it is allergies – Cannot Volunteer
A Project Angel Food Volunteer Contract and Release of Liability form will need to be filled out for each volunteer. Please email Pastor Bridie (below) and she can email you one when we get closer to the date to volunteer, or they will have some to sign day of when you arrive. Anyone under 18 must have parent or guardian sign the liability form
For more information, please Pastor Bridie to sign up.