Making Sense of the Bible – An Adult Study
Coming in Spring 2020 at Harmony Toluca Lake
In Fellowship Hall 7:15pm to 9pm
- Dates TBA
Love the Bible and looking for it to provide meaning and purpose in your life? Are you willing to wrestle with portions of the Bible? Are you unfamiliar with the Bible but curious and want to know more?
Beginning Thursday, October 24th, at 7:15 pm at Harmony, Pastor Mark will lead a six-session study by one of our country’s leading Christian authors, Adam Hamilton – “Making Sense of the Bible.” In approachable and inviting language, Hamilton leads us to a deeper appreciation of the Bible so we might hear God speak through it and find its words to be life-changing and life-giving.
- Did God really command Moses to put gay people to death?
- Did Jesus really teach that everyone who is not a Christian will be assigned to hell?
- Why would Paul command women to “keep silent in the church?”
- Were Adam and Eve real people?
- Is the book of Revelation really about the end times?
- Who decided which books made it into the scriptures and why?
- Is the Bible ever wrong?
The underlying debate isn’t about a particular social issue, but instead it is about how we understand the nature of scripture and how we should interpret it. The world’s bestselling, most-read, and most-loved book is also one of the most confusing.
For more information: please email Pastor Mark