SUNDAYS @ 11am
Each Sunday, our children meet in the sanctuary with their families, and then move to the Chapel for Sunday School. Our ministry for youth, UMYF, meets the 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month, with curriculum that is connected to For more info, to volunteer, or to be added to our Weekly Kids Ministry eNews, please email Kevin.
Our Sunday School follows the DIG IN Sunday School Curriculum.
DIG IN curriculum provides creative, multisensory teaching that immerses your kids in deep Bible learning, helping them to know Jesus personally and grow in relationship with him.
We continue our look into the character of God by looking at the very first book of the Bible, Genesis. Through the stories of Abraham, the tower of Babel and the Israelities experience in Egypt, we are learning who God is and how we are reflected in God’s image.
This week: God appears to Moses in the burning bush and tells him to lead the people out of Egypt. We learn that although God can change shape and form, God does not change and will always be there for us.
Upcoming HUMC Family ministry:
Join our Children’s Choirs
Children ages 3 years old through 5th grade are invited to join our Children’s Choirs. Angel Choir, led by Cheryl Johnson-Hartwell and Cherub Choir, led by Evangeline Kelly, meet each Sunday and share their talents with our church throughout the year. Here is some important information:
Performance Dates for 2018/2019
- November 11 (Thanksgiving Sunday) – ANGELS only
- December 9 (Christmas Pageant) – ANGELS and CHERUBS
- February 10 or 17 (Valentines) – ANGELS only
- April 21 (Easter) – ANGELS and CHERUBS
- May 12 (Mother’s Day) – ANGELS and CHERUBS
- Both choirs will meet every Sunday beginning September 30. There will be a snack provided
- Immediately after services and we will begin rehearsal around 12:20. We typically rehearse for 20-30 minutes.
- We will notify you if we are not meeting due to a conflict on the church calendar.
- Your child needs to attend at least one rehearsal in order to sing with the choir on a performance date.
- We can provide lyric sheets, sheet music and sometimes links to the song itself if you would like to help your child practice at home.
The Christmas Pageant is Coming!!
Our annual Christmas Pageant is a fun musical production put on by our children and youth each year. In comedic and poignant ways, the Pageant retells a part of the Christmas story through story, costumes and music and every child has a great experience.
This year’s Pageant is on Sunday, December 9th. Rehearsals are usually after church for about 30 minutes and include 1 or 2 Saturday rehearsals.
If you child is interested in being in the Pageant, there is a MANDATORY family meeting on Sunday, October 21 after church.
On Sunday, October 28, children (and parents) are invited to wear their Halloween costume to church. We will have Sunday School in the gym and will be making crafts, playing games and sharing snacks and treats with each other. Don’t miss this fun HUMC tradition!
I hope you and your children will be involved in the life and ministries at Hollywood United Methodist Church.
In the light of Christ, Kevin