April 10th, 2020 self-guided prayer & reflection.
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot currently guarantee that we will be that safe space. So, we have made the difficult decision in compliance with Governor Newsom’s Stay At Home Order that our buildings will not be open at either of our two campuses through April 19th, 2020.
Some possibilities for prayer and meditation at home:
The seven last statements of Jesus spoken from the cross…
- Luke 23:34 “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”
- Luke 23:43 “Today you will be with me in paradise.”
- John 19:26-27 “Woman, here is your son.” “Here is your mother.”
- Mark 15:34 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
- John 19:28 “I am thirsty.”
- John 19:30a “It is finished.”
- Luke 23:46 “Into your hands I commend my spirit.”
Important words for meditation and reflection:
- What do these words mean to you as you consider Christ on the cross?
- What do they mean in your own life?
O God, you have come to us in your son, Jesus. He has revealed your love by his words and actions, and most profoundly in his suffering and death on the cross. I pray that I will know your forgiveness and let your love fill my life and guide my words and actions so that I will be healed and become a healing presence in the world. Amen.