Friday, March 30th, our Sanctuaries will be open for self-guided prayer and reflection.
- Hollywood Campus will be open from 12:00pm to 3:00 pm
- Harmony Toluca Lake Campus will be open from 12:00pm to 1:00 pm
Some possibilities for prayer and meditation:
The seven last statements of Jesus spoken from the cross…
- Luke 23:34 “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”
- Luke 23:43 “Today you will be with me in paradise.”
- John 19:26-27 “Woman, here is your son.” “Here is your mother.”
- Mark 15:34 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
- John 19:28 “I am thirsty.”
- John 19:30a “It is finished.”
- Luke 23:46 “Into your hands I commend my spirit.”
Important words for meditation and reflection:
- What do these words mean to you as you consider Christ on the cross?
- What do they mean in your own life?
O God, you have come to us in your son, Jesus. He has revealed your love by his words and actions, and most profoundly in his suffering and death on the cross. I pray that I will know your forgiveness and let your love fill my life and guide my words and actions so that I will be healed and become a healing presence in the world. Amen.