HABITAT FOR HUMANITY BUILD DAY – November 11th
In our efforts to end homelessness in the city of Los Angeles, HUMC is thrilled to be a part of building an affordable home for a deserving family. But we need your help to do it! We have 25 slots available for members of our congregation to yield a hammer or a paint brush to help build a family’s dream into reality.
SIGN UP as part of the HUMC Habitat Team by emailing our build coordinator Jason.
Habitat doesn’t operate just on good will and volunteer power. Building a real home costs real money. As part of our commitment to Habitat for Humanity, we need to raise $2500 to support our build day. But that’s only an average of $100 per builder!
- $5 buys a light bulb to light a child’s bedroom.
- $10 buys a smoke detector to keep the family safe.
- $25 buys a box of nails for roof shingles.
- $50 buys the wood for one wall.
- $100 buys blinds for the home (and sponsors one HUMC Build Team Member!)
If you would like to help financially support the HUMC Habitat Team, please follow these instructions:
- Click on THIS LINK to access the secure donation page
- Enter donation amount into the box next to “Outreach—Habitat for Humanity”
- Select “One Time” for donation frequency
- Select “In Honor of” and enter a Build Team Member’s name in the box
- (i.e. Pastor Blair) or just leave it blank if you want to support the whole team)
- Enter your billing and card information and submit
And please PRAY for the HUMC Habitat for Humanity Team, for the family we will be helping build a home for and for the work of Habitat for Humanity in Los Angeles and around the world.