HABITAT FOR HUMANITY BUILD DAY – April 1st
In our efforts to end homelessness in the city of Los Angeles, HUMC is thrilled to be a part of building an affordable home for a deserving family. But we need your help to do it! We have 25 slots available for members of our congregation to yield a hammer or a paint brush to help build a family’s dream into reality.
The next build day will be on April 1st.
To SIGN UP as part of the HUMC Habitat Team by emailing Laura.
Habitat doesn’t operate just on good will and volunteer power. Building a real home costs real money. As part of our commitment to Habitat for Humanity, we need to raise $2500 to support our build day. But that’s only an average of $100 per builder!
- $5 buys a light bulb to light a child’s bedroom.
- $10 buys a smoke detector to keep the family safe.
- $25 buys a box of nails for roof shingles.
- $50 buys the wood for one wall.
- $100 buys blinds for the home (and sponsors one HUMC Build Team Member!)
If you would like to help financially support the HUMC Habitat Team, please follow these instructions:
- Click on THIS LINK to access the secure donation page
- Enter donation amount into the box next to “Outreach—Habitat for Humanity”
- Select “One Time” for donation frequency
- Select “In Honor of” and enter a Build Team Member’s name in the box
- (i.e. Pastor Blair) or just leave it blank if you want to support the whole team)
- Enter your billing and card information and submit
And please PRAY for the HUMC Habitat for Humanity Team, for the family we will be helping build a home for and for the work of Habitat for Humanity in Los Angeles and around the world.